Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur Launch Trailer


Alright before I post the trailer, I want to go into the issue of the demo. The demo for Kingdoms of Amalur has gained infamy for being incredibly buggy. I personally did not encounter many bugs, and only one that made me worried about the state of the game and in that one dialogue just cut out.

Curt Schilling has heard the cries and come out with an explanation. He says, and I'm paraphrasing, that basically EA wanted a demo of the game. 38 Studios did not think that they had the time to make it while they were trying to polish the game up and fix the bugs people have been pointing out. In response EA gave the responsibility of the demo to a 3rd-party company (not sure which one).

Not only that, but this was three-month old build. So we have an old edition of the game and the demo was put together by a different studio. This would explain the clunkiness of the camera and combat as well as the numerous bugs and glitches in the build.

Anyway, with all that said, I'm still very excited for this game. Less than a week to go and the launch trailer has just been put out. Here it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment