Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mass Effect 3 - Retaliation Multiplayer DLC



On Tuesday, Mass Effect 3's co-op is getting a massive update. A new DLC pack titled Retaliation will be released and it will be completely free like all of the multiplayer packs before it. Retaliation will add a new enemy faction to the three already there: Reapers, Cerberus, and Geth. With this DLC, the Collectors from Mass Effect 2 will become an enemy faction, though I guess you could say they still fall under the Reapers.

But that's not all. New weapons and characters will be added of course, including what looks like a JETPACK TURIAN AND THAT IS AWESOME!

Turian with a jetpack = the coolest thing I've seen all week.
Whether there are all new maps, I don't know, but I do know that certain old maps will also be given a hazard treatment. What the hell is a hazard treatment you ask? Well, they'll be putting environmental hazards into the stage which will give even more obstacles to have fun with.

On top of this, if you played Mass Effect 3's multiplayer after last night's patch, you might have noticed challenge boxes come up but with no explanation for what they are. Well, BioWare is adding challenges to the multiplayer, similar to Call of Duty's. These will be used to unlock items, and what exactly those items will be, I don't know and they might even be simply cosmetic but I would like it anyway simply because of the perfectionist in me that would like to complete stuff like that.

And again, it is free. After the Leviathan DLC, I was expecting the free DLC to stop but apparently some is still coming, so get your games set for Tuesday and I'll see you on the warfront.




Now if we could just get information on the Omega DLC. I hope that means Aria will have a big part in it. Damn I love that character.

No comments:

Post a Comment