Tuesday, June 11, 2013

E3 2013 - Bayonetta 2 Trailer

It's time for me to get caught up on E3 and by extension, start posting and commenting on trailers on demoes.


First up is Bayonetta 2, the upcoming sequel to what I consider to be the finest 3D Hack-n-Slash ever made. The first game had a near perfect balance between style, in-depth mechanics, pick-and-play ability, difficulty, and fun. It's story was batshit insane but its title character was surprisingly likable and well-developed (not like that) and its mythology was memorable and unique.

The gameplay trailer has been released and it looks fantastic, with the same over-the-top and epic gameplay and sequences as the original. I'm unsure how well it will control on the Wii-U but I'm hoping there's a demo so we can hear more from those actually at E3 later on.

It also looked like it had multiplayer, which has been confirmed by Nintendo. I'm guessing it's a co-op system with one player as Bayonetta and another as Jeanne. But that's just what I gathered and I could be wrong.

While Super Smash Bros. is great, this is currently the game that will most likely drive me to purchase a Wii-U. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment